Why I Hate TwilightJune 30, 2010
The new movie in the “Twilight” series came out today. I thought I’d tell you why I hate the Twilight series. (I’ve read the first 3 books. Don’t need to read the 4th.)
- Bella Swan is a Mary Sue (perfect character. no flaws.)
- Edward Cullen is a stalker.
- The vampires SPARKLE.
- Edward is abusive.
- Bella is annoying.
- Stephenie Meyer spends every other page describing how hot Edward is. We get it already.
- The books tell girls it’s ok to get pregnant at 18, drop out of school, and give your baby to your male “best friend” who apparently “fell in love” with your baby.
- Vampires are supposed to be infertile. Because they’re DEAD.
- The “love story” between Bella and Edward is entirely superficial. Bella loves Edward because he’s hot, Edward loves Bella because she smells nice.
- If Bella is so awkward and clumsy, why does she get so many guys giving her so much attention at her first week of a new school?
- Emmett Cullen only turns teenagers to vampires. Creepy?
- The werewolves aren’t actually werewolves. They’re more like shapeshifters. Werewolves only turn at a full moon.
- Only two characters die in the whole series.
- The crazy fangirls. I am a fangirl. I am not militant or crazy. Take notes.
- The best characters are given no development and are ignored. (Alice, the Volturi)
There’s probably more, but this is good for now. Long live Harry Potter.